Written By: Ashley Grossenbacher, MOT, OTR/L
My son loves sports and is missing playing team sports right now. I came up with this fun activity to combine his love of crafting and his love of sports…it was a hit! All you need is paper (the thicker the better, but any will work), scissors, a hole punch and string and/or pipe cleaner. Kids can complete this entire project themselves with a parent to help with instructions.
- Draw a big circle on the paper.
- Cut the circle out.
- Draw the string lines on your baseball.
- Punch alternating holes along each side of the string line.
- Use your string or pipe cleaner to lace through the holes going from side to side of the string
- Tape the ends of the string/pipe cleaner on the back of your ball.
- Find the perfect place to display your masterpiece!
You could do this activity with any type of ball and lace along the lines/strings or pattern. This is a great activity to work on fine motor skills, hand strengthening, bilateral coordination, and visual-motor integration. So get creative and have a ball!